Blog :: 2015
Thanksgiving is just around the corner, which means good food and good company! Whether you are hosting or attending a Thanksgiving celebration this season, don’t worry, the staff at Coldwell Banker Wright Realty has compiled some of our favorite tips to make your holidays as carefree as possible!
· Plan it out ! Hosting a Thanksgiving meal can sneak up on all of us. A few weeks before the day, make a list of guests, food, and anything else you will need.
· Let Gordon Ramsey be Gordon Ramsey. If you aren’t a gourmet chef, don’t attempt to be one when Thanksgiving rolls around. Stick to the recipes and traditions you are good at; nothing beats a down home cooked turkey and stuffing!
· Sides, Sides, Everywhere Sides! Make any side dishes you can ahead of time. Whipping up homemade cranberry sauce? Prepare it the day before so you aren’t scrambling last minute. This goes for desserts too!
· Food is Love. Seriously, we all love food, and some of us just can’t wait until the turkey is served. The night before, prepare some easy appetizers, such as veggies and dip or cheese and crackers, and have them available for your guests to munch on prior to dinner.
· Give a gift. If you’re heading to someone else’s for thanksgiving, be sure to bring a small token of your appreciation for the invitation (yes, even it is your grandmothers’ neighbors’ daughters’ house that you hardly know). A dessert, bottle of wine, or plant is always appreciated.
· Don’t get left out of leftovers. If you’re celebrating at someone else’s home, don’t expect to take home leftovers unless you have something to carry them home in. If you are hosting, remind guests to bring something to pile those delicious fixings for a thanksgiving sandwich into.
Coldwell Banker Wright Realty is hosting a food drive to benefit Mount Washington Valley food pantries this holiday season. Now thru December 20th, they will be collecting nonperishable items and monetary donations to benefit seven local food pantries. Stop by their office located at 486 White Mountain Highway in Conway to drop off your nonperishables. Suggested items include canned vegetables, fruit, meat & soups, whole grain pasta and rice, beans, peanut butter, juice, water, soap and toothpaste. They will also be collecting pet food donations for local animal shelters. As a thank you, each person who makes a donation will be entered to win a $100 gift certificate to Black Cap Grille in North Conway.
The food drive is to benefit Vaughan Community Services which distributes to local food pantries in the Mount Washington Valley. Since 1965, Vaughan Community Services has been working to alleviate the unmet and under met needs of the community. They are located at 2503 White Mountain Highway in North Conway.
Coldwell Banker Wright Realty is a full service real estate brokerage representing buyers and sellers in both New Hampshire and Maine for more than thirty years. Their office is located at 486 White Mountain Highway (Route 16) in Conway. For more information, call (800) 447-2120 or visit www.wrightrealty.com
Before putting your home on the market, there are many things you can do to help attract a qualified buyer. Here are some easy ways to ensure you get top dollar!
- Declutter. Declutter. Declutter. When selling your home, you want buyers to focus on your home, not your stuff! Clean, organized spaces are appealing, and show buyers that you care about your home and have cared for it well. Donate things you no longer need to a local charity, or have a yard sale! The more you clean out now, the less you have to move!
- Give your home a good sniff! A smelly home is an instant turn off to buyers, so ensure yours smells crisp and clean. Fido might smell like flowers to you, but to a buyer, all they might smell when they walk in your home is your precious pooch. Ask a friend or family member if they think there is an odor, and if necessary, get your floors professionally cleaned.
- Ditch the crazy wall colors. You might love how bright your neon green kitchen is, but the majority of buyers won’t. In fact, they will more than likely have a hard time getting past the paint color to truly appreciate your home. Repaint any bold choices with neutral colors to appeal to more buyers.
- Tackle that yard! The first thing potential buyers will see is the outside of your home, whether they view your listing online, or they drive through your neighborhood. Put your home’s best food forward! Mow the lawn, trim hedges and trees, define a clear entryway, and repaint if necessary. You want the outside of your home to invite buyers in, not send them running!
Ready to sell now? Get a market analysis!
Coldwell Banker Wright Realty celebrates Ribbon Cutting!
On October 21st, Coldwell Banker Wright Realty celebrated a Ribbon Cutting and Open House at their new location at Village at the Saco in Conway, New Hampshire. More than 70 people were greeted by owners Antonella Bliss, Lindsey Maihos and Rose Robinson, along with the firms real estate professionals and management team. Guests were given tours of the new space, along with refreshments and door prizes.
The new location is at 486 White Mountain Highway in Conway, just across the street from their prior location. Summit Builders designed and renovated the space in just a month's time. It's a brightly, smartly planned office and now the firm is ready to expand with a new, state of the art facility.
Image courtesy of Joe Martin Photography.
Please Join Coldwell Banker Wright Realty for a Ribbon Cutting and Celebration of Our New Location! Stop by and meet our team, take a tour of the new space, and enter to win some great door prizes!
Coldwell Banker Wright Realty has moved to Village on the Saco at 486 White Mountain Highway in Conway. According to the owners, Antonella Bliss, Lindsey Maihos and Rose Robinson, the completely remodeled space includes new offices for the Agents and Management Team, upgraded technology, and multiple meeting rooms to better serve buyers and sellers.
"Summit Builders designed and completed all renovations and modifications in just a month's time," says Lindsey Maihos. "It's a bright, smartly planned office with that "new home" smell," she said, "We're ready to expand with a new, state of the art facility." Rose Robinson notes, "I am thrilled for the new space! We now have a large conference room that will allow us to provide service seminars to the community, such as a first time homebuyer's class".
Coldwell Banker Wright Realty will continue to service the Mount Washington Valley and Western Maine. Along with residential real estate professionals, they also specialize in waterfront properties, vacation homes, and commercial property.
Antonella Bliss said, "The team is very excited with the new space. We will be hosting a grand reopening and public open house in October."
Coldwell Banker Wright Realty is a full service real estate brokerage representing buyers and sellers in both New Hampshire and Maine for more than thirty years. Their new office is located at 486 White Mountain Highway (Route 16) in Conway. For more information, call (800) 447-2120 or visit www.wrightrealty.com
MWV Habitat would like to thank you for thinking of them with your clients and donations. The attached pictures show what your efforts have helped create. The first is what MWV Habitat started with over two years ago and the second is the transformation that has taken place on North Rd. in Conway
They are accepting donations again. Your clients can call the Habitat office at 356-3832 to get on the pick up schedule. Pick ups are done on Saturday’s. The first Yard Sale is scheduled for June 12th and 13th.
Again, thank you all for thinking of MWV Habitat for Humanity!
Thank you! Lindsey
This impeccable home features Victorian charm in a Contemporary style with multiple gables, arched windows, a half turret, and winter mountain views in the background.
Located at the Village at Kearsarge, this home has a lot to offer. It's in one of the most desirable neighborhood in North Conway, with easy access to the heart of North Conway Village. Cranmore skiing is on the way to the village shops and restaurants, so you can hit the slopes, and enjoy après ski in one of North Conway's quaint establishments. Village at Kearsarge also has a tennis court and inground pool. And, it's just minutes to the White Mountain National Forest.
A well designed kitchen opens to the family room which has a gas fireplace. The living room is adjacent to the family room, creating a unique atmosphere for entertaining throughout the main level. Glossy, hardwood floors cover most of the main floor. The formal dining room has paneled wainscoting and large bright windows, including sliding doors out to a large deck with winter mountain views. An office with built-in cabinets rounds out the first floor.
The master bedroom has its own private bath with a double vanity, Jacuzzi tub, and a shower. There are three other well-proportioned bedrooms for your family or guests. You'll have plenty of closets and lots of storage space.
Enjoy this home as a vacation getaway, or a wonderful family home in a desirable neighborhood. It's just minutes to skiing, hiking, biking, golf, shopping and more.
Relax in your new hot tub after X-C skiing right from your own backyard. A newer Contemporary, this spacious home is located in one of Conway's most prestigious neighborhoods. With a circular, paved driveway, nicely landscaped yard, attached 2-car garage, and irrigation system, this sparkling Contemporary is loaded with curb appeal.
A well laid out main floor features an open kitchen with cathedral ceiling, cherry cabinets, stainless appliances, granite counters and tile floors. The living room has cathedral ceilings, hardwood floors and a fireplace with marble surround and elegant mantel. The dining room is formal with a coffered ceiling, hardwood floors, bright double windows, chair rail, and a tasteful chandelier over the dining table.
At 27' x 15', the first floor master bedroom is big and comfortable with a cathedral ceiling, private bath, and lots of closet space. There are 2 other generously sized bedrooms on the first floor, too.
The upstairs has a huge 23' x 27.5' family room and an office. If visitors arrive, there's even more room in the lower level including a private living room, bedroom and bath.
This home has a great patio, a hot tub area, underground sprinklers, central air conditioning, and tons of closets! The property backs up to cross country ski trails, and there's a nice hot tub to relax in after outdoor activities.