Blog :: 03-2016
Education is the Key to Home Ownership!
Have you been thinking about buying your first home, but have no idea where to start? We have put toether a group of professionals to help you understand how to navigage the entire home buying process!
FREE Home Buyer Seminar
Saturday, April 9th from 10:00am - 12:00pm
at Coldwell Banker Wright Realty
486 White Mountain Highway, Suite E | Conway, New Hampshire
Refreshments will be served!
Limited Seating Available. To register, visit our homepage at www.wrightrealty.com or call us at (603) 447-2117.
To learn more about our sponsors, click the links below!
What Your REALTOR® Wants You to Know
- When it comes time to work with a Realtor, there are many things that you might not know! Below are some things that your agent wants you to know about the process of buying and selling!
- Is there a house that you want to see, but it is listed with another broker? Don't worry, your agent can show it to you! Your Realtor cooperates with other agents and brokerages throughout the Mount Washington Valley and Western Maine. Agents have access to the multiple listing service (MLS), which allows them to view all the properties you might be interested in.
- Get preapproved! Getting preapproved is one of the most important things you can do before you start looking at property. Some sellers even require that their property not be shown unless the buyer is preapproved. It will also tell you how much you can afford, and when the time comes, make your offer much stronger!
- Education is the key to homeownership. If you're a first time home buyer, the task of purchasing your home can be overwhelming and stressful. Taking a buyer education course will help you understand the entire buying process. Most of the time, these classes are free, and are led by a group of respected professionals that are there to answer any and all questions.
- Your Realtor is a wealth of information and happy to give advice and answer your questions. Ask them for help anytime! Ready to sell your house, but not sure if you should do updates first? A Realtor is always happy to give you guidance on what will give you the most bang for your buck!
- Don't, and we mean DON'T, make any large purchases if you're thinking about buying a property. While you might think opening a new credit card, or buying new furniture is a great idea, your lender will tell you otherwise. Your agent will continue to stress no new purchases all the way up to closing; they've unfortunately seen a buyer lose out on a home the day before closing because they purchased new furniture for their house. You don't want to be left with new furniture and no house to put it in!
- The best thank you is a referral. If you loved your agent, one of the best things you can do is give them a referral!