The Mount Washington Valley real estate market saw significant improvement in 2016. Residential and land sales both saw a modest increase in both the number sold, as well as in average selling price. Below are some highlights from 2016.
- The total number of residential properties sold between January 1 and December 31st increased by 40 units, (5.28%), over the prior year. Land sales saw an increase as well, climbing by 11.76% over 2015.
- The average sale price for residential homes increased from $194,373 in 2015 to $200,986 for 2016.
- The average sale price for land also increased, climbing from $59,642 in 2015 to $63,729 for 2016.
- Total residential sales in the Mount Washington Valley increased by more than $13,000,000 from 2015 to $160,186,283 in 2016.
- The highest price residential sale for 2016 was $1,500,000.
- The highest price land sale for 2016 was $650,000.
Overall, 2016 was a great year for real estate in the Mount Washington Valley. We look forward to an even better year in 2017!
*Data compiled from NEREN Multiple Listing Service as of January 26, 2017. Subject to errors and omissions. Towns include: Albany, Bartlett, Chatham, Conway, Eaton, Freedom, Hales Location, Jackson, Madison, Ossipee & Tamworth